Longlisted Poem 2011
Peter Symonds College, Hampshire
In Heaven, we’ll kiss the feet of the famous
Crowded, two, together around a stain on the carpet, the spill,
Trying to decide how to solve the world,
1) So if nothing’s changed, why am I not the same?
2) Whisked and weighed clouds. Foam. You stare and breathe snakes.
I smile and spit broken stars.
Knives in spines and forced expression, grit, bear;
We are only ghosts pressing ears to the doors of other worlds,
1) Prospects, possibilities, building future skeletons.
2) Never tentatively even try. Look. Arch a foot over a cliff in darkness.
Try to find simplicity.
© Rachel Finn
- Date February 6, 2015
- Tags 2011 Simplicity - Longlisted Poems